Difference Between UltraShape and CoolSculpting
What’s the difference between UltraShape and CoolSculpting ? Non-invasive body contouring alternatives to liposuction have been completely changing the plastic and cosmetic surgery landscape. In the hands of a board certified plastic surgeon, like Dr. Agha, these new technologies finally open up doors for those that have always had issues with their body shape or appearance, but have either been unwilling or unable to commit to the risks and recovery associated with most forms of body contouring plastic surgery.
Two of the most effective and exciting new technologies have already been used by millions of individuals around the world, and thousands here in Orange County. These include CoolSculpting and UltraShape, two unique procedures that you can benefit fromat The Aesthetic Center of Orange County and are both effective at targeting and eliminating fat cells without damaging any other cells in the body. Learn more about UltraShape Recovery.
What is the difference between UltraShape and CoolSculpting ?
Although both of these technologies are capable of eliminating targeted fat and contouring the body, they both use very different systems to get there:
- CoolSculpting – Scientists have found that at a specific temperature just above freezing, it is possible to crystallize and kill fat cells without harming other cells. The CoolSculpting machine, by Zeltiq, uses special applicators that pinch and vacuum fat cells to the surface, and then freeze them until the fat cells are eliminated.
- UltraShape – UltraShape uses similar technology to the ultrasounds used to burst kidney stones. The machinery pulses ultrasound waves directly into fat tissue at a specific frequency that pressurizes the cells until they rupture. They are then removed by the body naturally. No temperature changes or vacuums are necessary.
Both of these two technologies are effective alternatives to liposuction. They both have essentially no recovery time, have very few restrictions, and eliminate fat slowly over time so that the results appear natural. The main differences between UltraShape and CoolSculpting are in the technology used.
Advantages of UltraShape Over CoolSculpting
CoolSculpting is an excellent technology, and at The Aesthetic Center of Orange County, we have performed hundreds of CoolSculpting procedures for those across Newport Beach, Irvine, Santa Ana, and more. However, UltraShape has some advantages that make it a very popular choice among those looking to contour their body. These include:
- No Pinching Needed or Limitations on Target Areas –CoolSculpting requires “pinchable fat” in order to target specific areas of the body. Not everyone that wants body contouring has pinchable fat. UltraShape doesn’t require any pinchable fat, which makes it possible to target more areas of the body regardless of their current fat levels.
- No Extreme Cold or Discomfort –CoolSculpting cools your targeted area to a very cold temperature, which for many causes some discomfort, especially in the beginning of the procedure before your body has had a chance to become numb. UltraShape doesn’t affect body temperature, so there is no discomfort for those undergoing the procedure.
- No Risk of Numbness or Tingling –Neither CoolSculpting nor UltraShape has any long term complications, but CoolSculpting does put people at risk for a tingling or numbness that can last for as long as 3 weeks. UltraShape doesn’t have these risks, so patients are more likely to be satisfied and have less discomfort after the procedure is over.
On the other hand, CoolSculpting has a long track record of effective fat reduction that can measure up to 35% of the fat in the treated area. Furthermore, CoolSculpting has been performed on over 1 million patients worldwide and has become the gold standard in non-invasive body contouring that others measure themselves to.
At the Aesthetic Center of Orange County, we have found that both CoolSculpting and UltraShape are effective at contouring the body without surgery, and can be used to compliment one another and to enhance results even further.
If you’d like to learn more about UltraShape or about CoolSculpting and other non-invasive technologies, contact Dr. Agha today at 949-644-2442. Dr Siamak Agha also performs surgical body contouring treatments. Take a look at our CoolSculpting Before and After Photo Gallery.